How to tell edible mushrooms from poisonous mushrooms
- Wrapped in a plastic container for $2.99 at your grocery store (edible).
- The tiniest nibble off a mushroom growing in your backyard makes your tongue tingle, or your dog foam from every orifice (poisonous).
- Mushrooms in odd color combinations: red/white, black/green, brown/yellow, blue/pink (poisonous).
- Cream of mushroom soup scraping from the bottom of the pot at Pizza Hut (poisonous).
- Fried mushrooms that give you diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting, or worse: bleeding from the eyes, tongue swelling to the size of a 12 oz. Striploin steak, urge to pass water and the need to watch Dancing With The Stars (poisonous).
This entry was posted in Lists
. Bookmark the permalink
You might also likeclose
- Saturday, 01/11/2008 11:00 AM
- Friday, 31/10/2008 8:18 AM