Reasons why the next great depression won’t be as depressing as the one in the 1930′s
- Everything was black and white back then. Nowadays we have colour – even in giant plasma and LCD flat screen formats, to keep us from doom and gloom.
- We now have jets and nuclear warships that will quickly take us to any third world country. Bombing something always keeps us busy and it will also stimulate industrial production.
- Boredom is a thing of the passed with an Xbox 360, Playstation 3 or a Nintendo Wii. Also lest us not forget Family Guy, Seinfeld reruns and Dancing with the Stars on basic cable.
- Almost all of us are pharmaceutically helped along, one way or another, and therefore have imaginary friends that can lend us extra hands and ears when needed.
- Britney Spears will still be there to remind us every day that it could be worse even though we don’t have any jobs, money or food – we could be complete messes like her.
This entry was posted in Lists
. Bookmark the permalink
You might also likeclose
- Saturday, 01/11/2008 11:00 AM
- Friday, 31/10/2008 8:18 AM